miércoles, 9 de junio de 2010

Concerts… What would life be without 'em!



I love going to concerts… I was 13 the first time I went to one. I was in first row, ‘cause I arrived at the venue at 15:00. I enjoyed listening to the band live so much that I became addicted… of course jumping, making eye-contact with the musicians (if lights make it possible) and singing along make it much more addictive.

I have gone to concerts by Lucybell (3 times), Epica (2 times), Björk, Interpol, Within Temptation, Radiohead, The Gathering with Anneke as vocalist (2 times) and with Silje.

Anneke-era The Gathering was my favorite band ever. They came to Chili in february 2004, but I didn’t know them yet… I got to do it the next month: I saw two live videos in Rockaxis and I instantly fell in love with the band, their live-performance and Anneke.

I waited 2 years for them to come, which for old-fans isn’t enough (some waited 12 years), but for me was eternal. In the concert, Anneke’s throat was infected, so she didn’t sing like angels as she usually does. It was a really good experience, but not as perfect as 2007 one.

They announced that their next live DVD would be shot in Chili, so there was A LOT of excitement and expectations and, I mean it, they did so much more than fulfilling them.

As I usually do, me and my friends arrived at Teatro Caupolicán a little bit early (around 6:30 AM). When the band came out (I didn’t see my watch, but round 8 PM, I think) and “Shortest day” started the best concert ever, we all were euphoric. Then, when Anneke began sane-singing, I just died.

The 21 songs they played in 2,5 hours (including my beloved “Probably built in the fifties”, “On most surfaces”, “Great ocean road”, “Third chance” and a big etcetera) got me in a constant ecstasy. I’m not used to cry, but they made me, more than once. In the last song (“Travel”), I was crying like a baby, Anneke saw me and, I don’t care if you don’t believe it, I brought tears to her eyes… it was a magical moment, only between me and her.

After remembering this, I don’t feel like talking about other concerts; it fulfilled my life, so now I can just die. Although… I wouldn’t mind seeing Sigur Rós live… haha.

No hay comentarios: